Welcome to Careers at OCWA!
OCWA is an agency of the Government of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change. Our employees are part of the Ontario Public Service. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants. Our clients come in all shapes and sizes, from municipalities serving hundreds of thousands of people to small water systems serving less than a hundred homes to private systems. Together we produce over 800 million litres of drinking water and treat more than 1.1 billion litres of wastewater every day!
What we do makes a difference
Our people at OCWA make it look effortless. It isn’t. A lot of work goes into taking water from its source — a lake or an underground well — and making it safe to drink.
Water is a finite resource. Good source water is becoming harder to find. And we have to ensure that there’s enough water flowing to meet the growing thirst of Ontario communities. We start by testing water at the source to see what’s in it. All the water from lakes and wells must be treated to be safe. Our job is to make sure that every drop of source water is clean and clear before it arrives in anyone’s home — no matter which tap we turn on.
Career paths at OCWA
It's important to us to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees. At OCWA, we hire a diverse and inclusive workforce largely made up of individuals who require licenses or a skilled trade. We invest in our employees by providing training and opportunities across the province.
Top 5 reasons to work with us
- Work for the best. The Ontario Public Service is voted one of the top 100 employers in Canada.
- Make a difference. The work you do directly benefits the environment, communities and people in Ontario.
- Plan your career path. We encourage development and progression within the organization. Employees can determine the route they want to take to achieve their career objectives. We offer diverse work opportunities from IT and Human Resources to Engineering and Operations management across the province.
- Invest in your future. We invest in training and developing employees to reach their potential.
- Join a great team. The employees at OCWA have passion and purpose, and value the work they do in the communities they serve.