71155 Bluewater Highway, Grand Bend, ON
Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day? Does the thought of an office job bore you? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be exactly who we’re looking for!
Become a Mechanic / Operator with OCWA today!
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to perform predictive, condition based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, perform major equipment overhauls, participate in capital projects and operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the Huron Elgin Region.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
Who we are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
What we are looking for
- Trades license as a Millwright and/or applicable skilled trade.
- Willing to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 129/04 of the Ontario Water Resources Act.
- Valid Class G driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes to maintain and operate the facilities.
- Good knowledge of water system distribution and transmission systems and associated components
- Working experience/knowledge of the skilled trades for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures, including but not limited to the following skills: basic electrical repair, welding, plumbing, millwright, gasfitting and steamfitting HVAC and general facility maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance; health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
- Familiarity with computers, including monitoring and operating systems.
- Familiarity with predictive maintenance techniques such as vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermal imaging.
Skills and abilities include
- Analytical, problem solving and planning skills to perform major equipment overhauls, routine and preventive maintenance, carry out repairs and perform a variety maintenance tasks, resolve maintenance and operational issues, take samples of the water chemicals to make process control adjustments.
- Organizational skills to lead extensive maintenance and repair projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people including coworkers, clients, suppliers, while keeping accurate logs and writing reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
How to Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the information you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
4. Send application/resume with covering letter (PDF format preferred)
Send application/resume with covering letter (PDF format preferred) to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Attention: Tara Mason
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants. Consider this opportunity if you are a motivated, team oriented individual seeking a career in the water and wastewater industry.
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.