Water and Wastewater Engineer
2225 Erin Mills, Mississauga, ON
Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day?
Become a Water and Wastewater Engineer with OCWA today!
In this role, you will carry out a variety of assignments in all engineering and construction areas related to construction administration, project management and consulting services. To provide internal engineering and technical advice and services to support OCWA’s core business streams.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
Who we are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a
trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across
Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely
with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
In this role you will
- Provide engineering support activities, such as project monitoring and reporting, participation in site meetings and ensuring that terms of contracts for implementation and installation are being met.
- Working with a senior-level team leader to provide engineering recommendations for improving the function of a water, wastewater or biosolids plants.
- Prepare and or provide assistance in the preparation of funding applications for OCWA clients
- Provide project implementation support by reviewing invoices and reports prepared by consulting engineers and contractors, preparing engineering management and construction delivery estimates, preparing construction agreements and preparing project schedules using MS Project
- Manage capital projects under direction from senior engineers and/or Director
- Attend and lead site meetings, processing Monthly Payment Certificates, reviewing and providing comments on contract change orders.
- Work on our OCWA operations sites to perform field inspection of constructed works and act as site observer.
- Prepare tenders and perform tender openings of new contracts by arranging time, place and participation by relevant parties.
- Perform operational audit activities by inspecting facilities and processes and documenting and reporting findings and making recommendations for improvements.
What we are looking for
- Licensed member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario,
- Frequent travel to OCWA’s operations sites across the province from Mississauga based office – multiple job locations
- Ability to perform work on site, including site inspections, site walk throughs and contractor supervision
- Working knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of contemporary design and construction engineering practices and standards for construction of sophisticated water and waste water systems.
- Working knowledge of Project Management
- Ability to apply water and/or wastewater engineering principles in the review of designs, plans and specifications and preparation of engineering reports
- Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
- Understanding of the Construction Act
- Understanding of the main processes in a water, wastewater and biosolids treatment facility.
- PC proficiency including MS Office products, MS Project and CAD software.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrated skills in managing work and multiple projects.
- Strong analytical, logic, practical problem solving and design/review abilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to relate well to clients, contractors and operations staff.
- Good oral and writing skills to assist with writing proposal documentation, prepare user manuals and guidelines; including report writing and presentation skills
- Capacity to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the
information you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application/resume with covering letter to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Attention: Kirupa Keshavan
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change. As the largest provider
of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants.
Consider this opportunity if you are a motivated, team oriented individual seeking a career in the water and wastewater industry.
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.