230 Water Street S., Cambridge, ON
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations and provide safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
Join our team as a water/wastewater professional with OCWA!
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to perform predictive, condition based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, perform major equipment overhauls, participate in capital projects and operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the Waterloo Region.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- You will be eligible for additional pay for certification, should you be successful in completing and maintaining facility water/wastewater operator’s licenses
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
What we are looking for
- Trades license as a Millwright and/or applicable skilled trade.
- Willing to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 129/04 of the Ontario Water Resources Act.
- Valid Class G driver’s license.
- Must be available for overtime and ability to be on-call after regular working hours as part of a rotation.
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes to operate the facilities.
- Working experience/knowledge of the skilled trades for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures, including but not limited to the following skills: basic electrical repair, welding, plumbing, millwright, gasfitting and steamfitting HVAC and general facility maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance; health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
- Familiarity with computers, including monitoring and operating systems.
- Familiarity with predictive maintenance techniques such as vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermal imaging.
Skills and Abilities include
- Analytical, problem solving and planning skills to perform major equipment overhauls, routine and preventive maintenance, carry out repairs and perform a variety maintenance tasks, resolve maintenance and operational issues, take samples of the water chemicals to make process control adjustments.
- Organizational skills to lead extensive maintenance and repair projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people including coworkers, clients, suppliers, while keeping accurate logs and writing reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
- Liaison with Contractors and monitoring contracting work.
How to Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail and the job competition quoted in the subject line.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the information
you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
4. Send application/resume with covering letter (PDF format preferred) saved using the JOB ID and First Last Name
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Manager: Kyle Walton
Attention: Human Resources
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an inclusive employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks. As the largest
provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater
treatment plants. Consider this opportunity if you are a motivated, team oriented individual seeking a career in the water and wastewater industry.
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.